Monday, June 15, 2009

Concept Development

Site 3 is original because it presents a strange angled facade in which the designer must pull people into the building. As Newtown is such a vibrant and colourful place I found it difficult to conceptualize an idea that would pull people into the building whilst at the same time being a hub for design. Playing with a curve I tried to achieve this sensation through my building while the total experience continues to thrust you out into a beautiful scuplture courtyard with connection to the sky. I design my building with artwork in mind, building on the idea of lourvers which I have incorporated into the design.

My original concept lacked an idea that i could really push. Opting for a better flowing design i came up with the design below, pushing and pulling the people through the space. A concept model helped me visualise the spaces and develop the facade.





No comments:

Post a Comment